Diverse Live: Women at Work
Digital Focus Day
Tuesday 11th May 2021
This in-depth online event features a mix of insightful presentations, interviews and case studies, a live panel discussion and an interactive meetup session.
Gender equality in the workplace is one of the most-discussed aspects of diversity and inclusion, but there is still a long way to go to reach true parity.
While some progress was being made with developments such as mandatory gender pay gap reporting, the obligation to file reports for 2019-20 was suspended due to the pandemic, and research has shown that COVID-19 has had a substantially greater impact on women than on men.
In many cases, it is women who are taking on most of the home-schooling and caring responsibilities, while trying to balance this with working from home. Over a prolonged period, this could potentially lead to burnout, lower productivity, and less chance of being able to pursue progression opportunities.
Therefore, it is more important than ever to focus on supporting and developing female employees, to avoid the pandemic resulting in long-term negative effects on women’s career prospects.
At this exclusive Diverse Live: Women at Work Digital Focus Day:
- Determine how to better support your female employees and listen to their challenges
- Gain expert guidance on ways to nurture female talent, retain them and help them progress through the organisation to senior leadership level
- Discover how mentoring and role models can be beneficial
- Learn the most effective ways of measuring gender equality progress
Discover the practical ideas and resources you need to make real progress towards greater gender equality in your organisation, as part of an intersectional approach.
Share the word:
Women At Work Digital Focus Day | Agenda
Tuesday 11th May 2021
12pm – 1pm BST
Succession Planning with a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Lens
- Growing your culture from within and understanding how inclusion and succession work hand in hand
- Identifying and utilising the talent you have in Employee Resource Groups (ERGs – also known as Business Resource Groups or Employee Networks)
- How to utilise your talent internally and externally
Cheryl Carty, D&I Consultant, Inclusive Employers, and Former Chair of Women at Warner Bros
1pm – 2pm BST
The Impact of Covid-19 on Women in Work: How Can We Counter the Regression?
- The pandemic has had a significant impact on women, and for many working women, it has affected their work-life balance and is impacting their physical and mental health. How can we ensure that there is not long-term harm to women’s careers? What can employers do to mitigate the disproportionate impact on women at work?
- Support for returners to the workplace continues to be crucial, to avoid losing talented women at key stages of their careers. What can be done before a parental leave or career break, during the break, and upon the return to ensure women are informed, supported, and provided with the tools to continue progressing?
- As the workforce becomes hybrid, will this be an opportunity or a further challenge for working women?
Amandeep Khasriya, Senior Associate, Moore Barlow LLP, and Founder, Women Back to Law
2pm – 3pm BST
Addressing Menopause in the Workplace: How to Support the Fastest Growing Demographic in Today’s Workforce
- Understanding the changing context for menopause transition and the threat it poses to gender equality in the workplace
- How to talk about menopause in an inclusive way
- Demystifying the menopause transition – stages, variances, tell tale signs of menopause
- Building a roadmap to remove the stigma around menopause – educating, equipping & empowering colleagues in and out of the workplace
Lesley Salem, Founder, Over The Bloody Moon
3pm – 4pm BST
Changing the Pipeline: Working Towards Global Gender Parity
- Why is it so important to encourage more women into STEM and how can this contribute towards closing the gender pay gap?
- The current challenges – lack of role models, stereotypical views, and opting out of certain career choices too early
- Ways to build the pipeline by focusing on very young children and teaching them about STEM, and further into the pipeline looking at stretch opportunities, sponsorship, visibility, and creating the right culture for everyone to succeed
- How the pandemic has made the workplace more accessible and levelled the hierarchy in some ways – but what we need to watch out for as we move into a hybrid approach
- Steps we can all take to challenge the stereotypes in order to change the narrative and outcome for women
Lynn O’Connor, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director, Sage
4pm – 5pm BST
Panel Discussion: How Effective Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) Can Help Keep D&I High On The Agenda
- How to keep staff motivated in the drive towards greater D&I
- Should ERGs be owned by the business or employees for the best outcomes?
- Senior sponsorship and buy-in – what difference can this make to the success of the ERG?
- How can organisations measure the success of their ERGs?
- Should ERGs work together to ensure an intersectional approach – how can this be driven?
Emma-Jane Hendry, Director of Business Development and Partnerships, Distribution at BBC Global News, and Chair of Women at the BBC, BBC
Cheryl Carty, DEI Specialist & Former Chair of Women at Warner, Warner Bros
Ian McDonald, Head of IT Optimisation & Transformation and Co-chair, Women In Tech Network, TalkTalk
Join us for an illuminating event.
What you will gain:
Flexible access to content
Our online conference portal offers a personalised content experience. You can join in with the sessions at work and on the go, live and on demand, join in with polls, and reach out to fellow attendees.
An opportunity to make new contacts
After the learning, join us to meet speakers and fellow attendees and make new contacts at our exclusive after-show digital meetup.
Access the sessions on demand for free
Registering is easy. Simply fill in the form below and we will send you the links you need to access the sessions on demand.
See all our upcoming events
At Diversity Network, we run digital events centred around corporate learning and development all year round. Here are the details of a few of our other upcoming online events which you may also be interested in attending: