Diverse Live: Neurodiversity
Digital Focus Day
Tuesday 28th September 2021
At Diversity Network's Diverse Live: Neurodiversity Digital Focus Day, discover new tools and resources to help you hire, support, and maximise the strengths of neurodivergent employees, and learn about the many benefits a neurodiverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Did you know that neurodivergent people can be 30% to 50% more productive than other employees? Yet currently, this productivity is often untapped.
At this exclusive Neurodiversity Digital Focus Day, join our experts as they provide insight on various types of neurodiversity which may exist within your workforce – for example ADHD, autism and dyslexia – and the typical strengths and challenges of the various conditions. We will cover:
- How hiring and investing in neuro-divergent individuals will improve your business
- How to attract this talent pool through inclusive recruitment practices
- Technologies and tools that you can employ to help support neurodiverse colleagues
This in-depth online event features a mix of insightful presentations, interviews and case studies, a live panel discussion and an interactive meetup session.
Join us to discover practical ideas and resources to better support your neurodiverse workforce, attract future talent, and create an inclusive culture where all employees can thrive.
Invite your colleagues:
Neurodiversity Digital Focus Day | Agenda
Tuesday 28th September 2021
12pm – 1pm GMT
Championing a Neurodiverse Workforce
- Why the working world needs to become more aware of neurodiversity within the workforce
- Ways in which employers and individuals can support and empower neurodivergent colleagues
- Recognising the business benefits of fostering a diverse workforce, where diversity is a fundamental, valued and embedded component of its culture and identity
Meike Bliebenicht, Workstream Lead, Neurodiversity, Diversity Project – Investment Industry, and Diversity Initiative of the Year winner, 2020 Women in Finance Awards.
1pm – 2pm GMT
Supporting Dyslexia in the Workplace
- Making reasonable workplace adjustments to accommodate those with dyslexia
- Why every business needs to be ready to provide end-to-end disability support for neurodiverse colleagues
- Benefits of assistive technology, disability awareness training, workplace strategy coaching and ongoing technical support, and how to get started
Deborah Leveroy, Neurodiversity and Inclusion Lead, DyslexiaBox
2pm – 3pm GMT
Developing your Neurodiversity Strategy
- Benefits of increasing our understanding of those with autism, ADHD, ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, Tourettes, OCD, bipolar (and others) and embracing differences
- Focusing on the individuals at the heart of neurodiversity
- How to foster advocates and allies at work to help change things from the inside out
Aidan Healy, CEO, Lexxic
3pm – 4pm GMT
Harnessing the Power of Neurodiversity in a Business Context
Join this webinar to learn about JP Morgan’s experience of increasing the neurodiversity of their workforce, including:
The business case for hiring individuals on the autism spectrum
The benefits of the programme and the challenges encountered
The wider benefits of the programme and advice to organisations within the Insurance industry who are thinking about harnessing the neurodiverse talent
Lee Corless, Global Technology D&I, Communities & Inclusion Global Lead & Autism at Work EMEA Leader, JP Morgan
4pm – 5pm GMT
Panel Discussion: Creating More Inclusive Workplaces Where Neurodivergent Individuals Can Thrive
- How can we best raise awareness of neurodiversity in the workplace among employers?
What will it take to inspire more employers to take steps to encourage neurodiverse job applicants and remove potential ‘friction points’ in the hiring process?
- How can employers best support their staff to achieve their potential and ensure that neurodiverse members of staff can be fully integrated and supported?
- What are the best ways to make both your people
management approach and workplace more ‘neurodiversity smart’?
Moderator: Elisabeth Galvin, Content Editor, Diversity Network
Rachel Morgan-Trimmer, Neurodiversity Consultant and Founder, Sparkle Class
Prachi Deo, Founder & Executive Director, Nayi Disha Resource Centre
Dr Emma-Jane O’Leary, Director and Neurodiversity Lead, Procter & Gamble
Workstream Lead, Neurodiversity
Global Technology D&I, Communities & Inclusion Global Lead & Autism at Work EMEA Leader
Neurodiversity and Inclusion Lead
Dr Emma-Jane O’Leary
Director and Neurodiversity Lead
Procter & Gamble
Founder & Executive Director
Nayi Disha Resource Centre
Access the sessions on demand
Registering is easy. Simply fill in the form below and we will send you the session links to watch at your convenience.
See all our upcoming events
At Diversity Network, we run digital events centred around corporate learning and development all year round. Here are the details of a few of our other upcoming online events which you may also be interested in attending: