Kavaljeet Singh Bhamra has been working in BP for the past 23 years. As well as his day job as a Service Continuity lead he is also the Co-Chair to BP’s Positively Ethnic Network (PEN), a business resource group whose goal is to help BP become the number 1 employer in the UK for race and equality. He leads the following at BP largest site, Sunbury, with 3,500 staff:
- Educating senior leaders through unconscious bias training
- Advocating for rules of the road in the recruitment process
- Running and actively participating in PEN mentoring scheme
- Reverse mentoring for senior leaders
- Hosting lunch and learns where senior leaders sit on a panel and answer questions from BAME and non-BAME staff members in a safe environment.
- Raising cultural awareness through site-wide events
- WPP Widening Participation Programme (a one-week programme where university students from a BAME background sample life in BP)
BP is an integrated energy business with operations in Europe, North and South America, Australasia, Asia and Africa.
Our purpose is reimagining energy for people and our planet. We want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives.
We have established a track record of operational and financial delivery. This has helped to create a strong foundation for us to advance our low carbon agenda as we work to achieve our ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner and to help the world get to net zero.
Our strategy, which we set out in 2017, allows us to be competitive, flexible and resilient while also responding to a rapidly changing energy landscape, with growing expectations for us to adapt to changing demands from stakeholders.
We remain committed to managing our portfolio for value, and investing with discipline in flexible and resilient options, which together support our pursuit of a strategy which we believe is consistent with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Following BP’s new ambition and aims set out in February 2020, we plan to announce more information on how we intend to reimagine energy and reinvent BP, while performing as we transform, at a capital markets day in September 2020.