Sessions available here on demand
In these uncertain times, it is more important than ever to review your Diversity & Inclusion strategy, improve your operations, strive for equality, and strengthen your business for the future.
Diversity in the workplace is essential for increasing productivity and innovation, which in turn contributes to better business performance and growth.
Join in the discussion with those leading the industry on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Gain inspiration from others’ activities in the diversity sphere
Define and shape your own D&I strategy to benefit your business’ productivity long-term
Enable your company to stand out as a company really worth being a part of!
Discover key strategies to integrate high values into the fabric of business life.
Diverse Utilities LIVE featured a valuable mix of presentations and panel discussions on the latest D&I issues, delivered by some of the Oil & Gas, Energy and Water industries’ most prominent thinkers on Diversity, Equality & Inclusion:
Featuring contributions from the following:
Missed the event? Access the sessions On Demand.
Discover practical strategies and case studies to increase diversity and inclusion in the Water, Oil & Gas and Renewables industries.
It is well-known in the Utilities sector that there is a long way to go to increase diversity across the board. Statistics from Energy & Utility Skills show that the industry is less diverse than the wider UK workforce in terms of gender, ethnicity and disability. This is slowly changing but must move at a faster pace to ensure the long-term resilience of the oil and gas, renewable energy, and water sectors.
Improving diversity is essential for increasing productivity and innovation, which in turn contributes to better business performance and growth.
Click below to access Diverse Utilities LIVE on demand.
5 reasons to attend:
Hear case studies from companies leading the way in D&I
Free of charge for all
No travel necessary – join from your home office!
Opportunity to learn, plan and share best practice
Access the content on-demand and watch in your own time
Diverse Utilities LIVE | Main Agenda
Thursday 9th July 2020
13:00 BST Interview: Amanda McKay, Quality Director Major Projects at Balfour Beatty
Amanda McKay will share her insights on:
- How we can make D&I ‘real’
- Ways to ensure affinity networks are highly effective
- The benefits of introducing reverse mentoring
- How to engage senior leaders in the D&I journey
14:00 BST Interview: How a D&I Task Group Can Be a Catalyst for Change
Join us as we speak to Craig Shanaghey from energy solutions company John Wood Group PLC about the D&I initiative he is leading within the company to spearhead greater diversity and inclusion.
- Why it is essential to build diversity and inclusion initiatives into the fabric of everyday life in every organisation
- Wood’s aim to educate the majority to grow the biggest cohort of role models and supporters
- Getting people passionate about the opportunities that can be created through greater D&I, to motivate people to want to learn more
Craig Shanaghey, President, Operations Services, Europe & Africa and Chair of the D&I Task Group, John Wood Group PLC
15:00 BST Case Study: Social Mobility in the Water Industry
- Severn Trent’s approach to social mobility and why it is a key focus
- How utility companies can engage with their communities to provide opportunities, inspire young people and generate a pipeline of diverse talent
- Key successes so far and next steps – how Covid-19 has impacted the strategy
- Championing the Social Mobility Pledge
Sally Bromley, Inclusion Manager, Severn Trent
16:00 BST Panel Discussion: Active Steps to Create an Inclusive Company Culture
- Progress made so far and insights from companies championing inclusivity
- How to ensure this topic is kept high on the agenda in the post-pandemic world
- Are there tangible barriers to entry and progression for underrepresented groups within the sector, or is this slowly shifting?
- How can we encourage greater inclusion and support for diverse talent in frontline utilities roles?
Lila Thompson, Chief Executive, British Water
Myrtle Dawes, Solution Centre Director, The Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC)
Kavaljeet Bhamra, Service Continuity Lead, BP
Catherine Cobb, Traffic Signals Design Engineer, Amey
Mez Riezia, Business Adviser, OGUK
What you will learn
At Diverse Utilities LIVE, discover how to:
Enhance business resilience and performance with increased diversity
Attract and retain a higher percentage of diverse talent
Build an outreach program to encourage young people into the sector
Address unconscious bias in the hiring process
Increase diversity and inclusion in practice within every element of the employee lifecycle
Improve your benefits and policies to make them truly inclusive
Instill a mentoring culture within your company
Who should attend?
CxOs, Directors and Department Heads looking to encourage greater diversity and representation in their workplace
Progressive employees looking to align their own organisation with more inclusive values
D&I and Human Resources staff looking to grow a dynamic and energised workforce team, where employees can be truly proud of the place where they work
Champions of change who are keen to learn from prominent sector professionals on the frontline of change
All who want to help the Oil & Gas, Energy and Water industries to evolve to include a wider, more inclusive workforce