Corporate Learning & Development
Digital Focus Day
Tuesday 16th March 2021
At Diversity Network's Corporate Learning & Development Digital Focus Day, discover new CL&D tools and resources to educate staff, foster new talent and equip your workforce for a digital future.
Effective Corporate Learning & Development will help retain staff longer, foster diversity, inclusion and tolerance, amplify personal growth and enable all employees to progress. With more and more of us working remotely, it is essential to ensure that staff are well provided for with training, both physically and online.
In this exclusive Digital Focus Day, join us as we examine a range of strategies to educate staff across different locations, digital tools to provide more personalised CL&D support and techniques to attain a fulfilled and productive workforce which you can be proud of.
This in-depth online digital focus day features a mix of insightful presentations, interviews and case studies, a live panel discussion and an interactive meetup session. Discover lots of practical ideas and resources to help you make a real difference in the year ahead.
Invite your colleagues to attend:
Corporate Learning & Development Digital Focus Day | Agenda
Tuesday 16th March 2021
12pm – 1pm GMT
Interactive Workshop: Using Mentoring to Strengthen Employee Learning, Development and Growth
Hosted by Kerrie Dorman, Head Mentor at Sinclair Dorman and a business mentoring expert, this workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the significant benefits of mentoring, and how an effective mentoring programme in your organisation can drive employee learning, development and growth
- Engage your C-suite in the importance of mentoring, and create and implement an effective programme that will help meet organisational goals
- Instil a mentoring culture within your company and empower your employees to seek mentoring opportunities, as well as what a successful match looks like
- Provide the tools and guidance that your staff will need to be successful as mentors/mentees and understand the difference between a mentor and a coach
- Effectively measure the impact of mentoring as part of your wider L&D goals
Kerrie Dorman, Head Mentor, Sinclair Dorman
1pm – 2pm GMT
Case Study: Driving Inclusive Leadership Through Transforming L&D
In this session, Robert Nunn, former Head of Learning & Development at Grosvenor, will talk about a successful project he recently led around inclusive leadership, which proved the importance of a close relationship between Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion colleagues. Robert will outline:
- How Grosvenor’s L&D and D&I functions collaborated to drive inclusive leadership in the organisation through learning and development activity
- The benefits of having your leaders take part in an inclusivity 360 to identify gaps and plan activity accordingly
- The strategies and tools Grosvenor used to embed the L&D activities required
- How success was measured
- Next steps – how the company plans to build on this activity
Robert Nunn, former Head of Learning & Development, Grosvenor Group
2pm – 3pm GMT
The Reflective Practitioner: Paying Attention to How We Think and Work
Join Carl Akintola-Davies as he reflects on how we think and work as L&D practitioners, looking at some of the lessons learned in his own career and a new approach to performance management. This insightful presentation will cover:
- “For every complex problem there is an answer which is clear, simple and wrong”
– Being mindful of the claims of ‘research’
– Valuing honesty over certainty
- “No idea is dangerous except if it’s the only one you have”
– Do organisations really want 702010?
– Is 702010 a helpful concept?
- “If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail”
– A great management development programme that didn’t work
– Why ‘L&D’ should (probably) always be ‘L&OD’
- “Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement”
– A quick look inside Parliament
– Lessons learned and a new approach to performance management
Carl Akintola-Davies, Head of Learning & Organisation Development, The House of Commons
3pm – 4pm GMT
Virtual Leadership in a Time of Pandemic
In this illuminating presentation, Rob Veersma, Global Director, Training & Development at Gazprom International, will share his experiences and insights on:
- Virtual team working – this has boomed over the last couple of months. People need to work from home due to the coronavirus and the recommendation (or enforcement) to avoid social contacts. Virtual working sounds that easy, but it isn’t. It is fraught with pitfalls that cannot be avoided unless fundamental principles are adopted by the team
- How, in many cases, people search for technical solutions, but the main issue is human behaviour
- Addressing the pitfalls and the solutions to them, based on Rob’s 25 years of experiences in working as a virtual leader with virtual teams
- Providing real solutions to make virtual working effective
Rob Veersma, Global Director Training & Development, Gazprom International
4pm – 5pm GMT
Panel Discussion: Adapting Learning and Development Approaches to Engage a Remote Workforce
- Now that employees have been working from home for a year, how has L&D had to develop? Has there been a change in the approach to learning – and employees’ reaction to it?
- What strategies can L&D practitioners put in place to ensure engagement in learning and development, both from the workforce and from senior leaders in the midst of many other priorities?
- Is there still a place for traditional classroom-based learning, or should it become more individualised with options to suit different types of learner? Can technology ever fully replace the human aspect of training, or is a balanced approach needed?
- How can L&D leaders work more closely with DEI colleagues to ensure an equity and inclusion lens when looking at learning?
Mark Insch, Vice President, Organisation Development & Learning, Shell
Tim Bowers, Training Portfolio Manager, Network Rail
Aimee Young, Senior Learning & Development Specialist
Why join us?
What you will gain:
Flexible access to content
Our online conference portal offers a personalised content experience. You can join in with the sessions at work and on the go, live and on demand, join in with polls, and reach out to fellow attendees.
An opportunity to make new contacts
After the learning, join us to meet speakers and fellow attendees and make new contacts at our exclusive after-show digital meetup.
Diversity Network’s events attract senior HR, D&I, and CL&D leaders from many prominent organisations including:
Register here to watch the sessions on demand
Registering is easy. Simply fill in the form below and we will send you a welcome email and a placeholder so you can join us on the day.
See more upcoming events
At Diversity Network, we run digital events centred around Diversity & Inclusion and Corporate Learning and Development all year round. Here are the details of some of our other upcoming online events which you may also be interested in attending: